Protect Your Company &
Preserve the Relationships that Matter
Eliminate backcharges and make your company safer, stronger and more profitable.
Using our 12-module Masterclass and support from Eliot as your guide, you will be able to negotiate contracts with a level of ease and confidence you never thought was possible.
Start signing better contracts immediately. Sign up for the Masterclass today.
See what your peers are saying...
Learn from a lawyer without all the legalese.
Hi, I'm Eliot Wagonheim.
For more than 30 years as a construction lawyer, clients have sought my help to get paid, defend backcharges, fight claims for liquidated damages, and prevent termination. And when a particularly confusing contract term came up, I’d get a call.
For years I have steadily reviewed contracts and educated clients on the negotiating points, deal-breakers, nice-to-haves and need-to-haves on projects ranging from $25,000 to $90,000,000.
Working one-to-one with clients is great and I enjoy it, but I know that not every subcontractor has the budget in place to retain my services (or any lawyers) as often as they would like. I’ve noticed that if subcontractors can develop a solid foundation of contract terms and regulations, they can begin to negotiate lawyer-free with confidence.
I believe in empowering you - the subcontractor - to understand the contracts you are being presented with day-in-and-day out, before you run into a major issue that puts your entire business at risk. That is what The Subcontractors Contract Masterclass is all about. Click the button below to get started today.GET STARTED
This Masterclass will help you:
Protect yourself from all of the unnecessary risk the GC wants you to accept
Every contract is about risk. The GCs have it, and they want to transfer all of it to you. Don’t let them. There’s a big difference between the risk that comes with the job and the risk you should absolutely refuse to accept.
Get paid everything you're owed on time, every time (even without a signed change order)
Most contracts tell you that you won’t get paid without a fully signed change order, but then make you subject to delay damages if you don’t start work immediately. I’ll show you how to protect yourself from this built-in trap that’s hidden in virtually every contract.
Tailor every communication to get the results you want while preserving your relationships
Whether you’re negotiating a contract, writing a change order request, or just sending an email, the words you choose and the approach you take mean the difference between a successful collaboration or a deaf ear. Learn the most powerful techniques for every discussion.
How does the course work?
Divided into 12 modules with easy-to-consume video lessons, you can take the course in its entirety at your own pace to gain a solid overview of construction contracts, or you can identify an area you need immediate help with and review those lessons.
- 12 modules (lessons no longer than 13 minutes in length)
- Learn at your own pace
- Immediate feedback from construction lawyer, Eliot Wagonheim
- Real-world exercises to help you implement new strategies now
Here's a sneak peek at what you'll learn inside the 12 modules of the Masterclass:
Module 1 - The Contract Mindset
- How to preserve your relationships while keeping your company safe
- How to look at every provision of a contract the way experienced lawyers do so you can determine the best negotiating strategies
- Understand the contract environment and how Contract Documents fit together so you don't risk falling into any hidden traps
Module 2 - Contract Negotiation
- How to get the other side to agree to changes even in so-called "take it or leave it" contracts
- My top negotiation techniques to optimize your results and protect your business
- A simple and effective method that most lawyers don't even know about revising contracts to your advantage
Module 3 - Contract Triage
- How to spot and avoid the traps that routinely cost subcontractors hundreds of thousands of dollars
- How to protect your cashflow and optimize your right to FULL payment from the outset
- What triage is and how to put your contracts through triage yourself so you can figure out whether to negotiate or just walk away
Module 4 - The Hidden Killers
- Sidestep the hidden killers in your contract without missing a beat
- What you can and cannot accept as the Standard of Care and why your decision could cost or save you 6 figures
- How to spot the dangers in so-called boilerplate provisions and instead use them to your advantage
Module 5 - Definitions
- How definitions written by the GC can determine whether you make or lose money on any given project
- How lawyers use definitions as one of their most powerful tools in writing and revising contracts...and how you can too
Module 6 - Payment
- Get paid for the work you do each time, every time
- What to do when you're not getting paid
- How to lower your risk in pay-if-paid and pay-when-paid contracts
Module 7 - Changes in the Work
- How you can make sure to get paid for changes
- Where most subcontractors lose the change order argument before it even gets started
- How to preserve your right to get paid even without a signed change order
Module 8 - Warranties
- Why the warranty in your contracts may not be the warranty you intend to give
- The crucial revision you must make to your warranty language if your scope includes the equipment installation
- What a warranty gap is and why you should care
Module 9 - Indemnification
- Understand indemnification...finally
- Find and eliminate the dealbreakers in all that legalese
- Three simple words to add to your indemnification provision to protect your business
Module 10 - Insurance & Bonding
- Learn the crucial difference between insurance and bonding
- What sureties care about and how to get and stay bondable
- Understand the ins and outs of all that legalese in typical insurance provisions to find hidden, and possibly reimbursable costs
Module 11 - Suspension & Termination
- How to protect your interests even when projects go south
- How revising the language can mean the difference between something minor and something that can significantly impact your business
- How and when to suspend work or walk away
Module 12 - Dispute Resolution
- The differences between mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- How to figure out which kind of dispute resolution method is right for you
- Small changes in legal language that can make a big difference
A Live Look Inside the Course:
We want you to see the value you will get out of this course. Take a look at the first few minutes of Module 1, Video 1.
Want access to a full FREE lesson?
Click the button below and we'll send the next lesson from Module 1, The Course Structure, directly to your inbox.
When you signup, we'll be sending you additional free content.
Don't forget: it's risk free.
If you can’t honestly say that the Commercial Subcontractors Contract Masterclass has helped you understand contracts better and learn the tools to make your company safer, stronger and more profitable, we offer a no-questions-asked, 60 day, 100% money back guarantee.
Go ahead and sign up. Watch all of the videos, implement the strategies and techniques in a few videos, and if you for some reason feel dissatisfied with what you have learned, simply email [email protected] within 60 days of your initial purchase and my team will refund your entire order immediately.
No guilt. No hard feelings.
It’s that simple.